Thursday, August 7, 2014

Wood Veneer…endless possibilities

Hi all. Yesterday was my turn up on the My Mind's Eye blog. I chose to make wood veneers my topic. A couple of weeks ago I made this birthday card for my step mom.


I started by using watercolors to change the color of the wood veneer and then I ran it through my good old Xyron to apply a nice thin layer of adhesive…makes that sparkly glitter stay right where you want it!


Then shortly after making this card I saw THIS video from Jennifer McGuire and I just had to attempt some letterpress with the wood veneer. Worked like a charm.

This first card I decided to keep very simple so that the plain white of the letterpresses image didn't get lost…


For this next one I took the wood veneer and covered it with two different colors of pigment ink, then put it face down on some watercolor paper and ran it through my die cutting machine, it is difficult to see in the photo, but it does have the lovely impressed edges of the wood veneer. I think the softness of the pigment ink is so pretty!


For this last card, I simply used the wood veneer piece from above, I just let the remaining ink dry before adding it to my card.



So there you have it. Get in and use all of those fabulous wood veneer pieces that you are hoarding. As you can see, I made three cards using the same piece of veneer. That is some bang for your buck!

All projects were made using the Record It-Splendid line from My Mind's Eye.








No comments: